The 3rd “BRIDGE for Cities” event, which revolves around urban-industrial development and takes green industry and sustainable development as its central theme, aims to advance the implementation of the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) in tandem with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, with which the BRI shares many similarities. The goal is to establish a platform centered on demand-driven matchmaking through which government stakeholders, development agencies and business-sector investors can share their demands and challenges, forge partnerships and negotiate investment.
Building upon the success of the 2nd “BRIDGE for Cities” event, held from 26 to 28 September 2017, which attracted over 650 participants from more than 136 cities located in 67 countries, the 3rd “BRIDGE for Cities” event aims to showcase concrete examples of urban-industrial solutions with 4 case cities (Chengdu, Shanghai, Trieste and Vienna) and their municipal leaders highlighting ongoing and future projects in a variety of sectors.
The “BRIDGE for Cities” event offers the following opportunities:
• High-Level Policy Dialogue: Learn from the recommendations of high-level development stakeholders and distinguished panelists.
• Urban Issue Hub: Hear more from city leaders about their development challenges and solutions to specific thematic issues.
• Exhibition: Experience innovative urban-industrial development solutions, projects and partnerships.
• Matchmaking: Meet with representatives from municipal government, the business sector, financial institutions and international development agencies.
• Study Tours: Tour sustainable urban-development projects and learn from innovative solutions.
• Cultural Performances: Experience different facets of cities’ cultural identities.
Registration is open at https://www.unido.org/bridge!